SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherrie_kay

Finally able to protect cats!

sherrie_kay
14 years ago

I'm so happy that I'm having luck protecting my BF eggs! Without these little bags I wasn't getting ANY caterpillars to survive! But, these little wonders are doing the trick! This way I can allow the cats to eat nice fresh living leaves until they are getting close to being big enough to go to chrysalis - then I move them into my screen room with cuttings. These bags are two for 99 cents in the bridal gift wrap section of my 99 cent store. My yard looks like I have a bad case of web-worms all over my plants! Ha! I'm such a novice at the forum posting that I haven't figured out inserting pictures or links, but here's where you can see a picture of my little bags in action.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sherrie007/MyButterflies#5352810411309370658

If you're having problems with the wasps and assassin bugs (and who isn't) it would be well worth a trip to pick up some of these bags.

Right now, in my screen room, I have monarch, spicebush ST, black ST, sulphurs, polydamas ST, and giant ST cats and chrysalids. I'm having lots of fun! I'm releasing several new butterflies every morning.

Hope this suggestion helps you have more success in protecting your beautiful BF babies!

Sherrie

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living