SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

Where Is Everyon e?

calpat
16 years ago

Did you all get lost or run away from home over the Labor Day weekend !?! I had a very quiet holiday, it was again to hot outside, but I did get caught up on some t.v. programs that I had been saving for just such a quiet time. Wanted to make some more tomato marmalade, but my plants this year are really pathetic, so I went to Smart & Final & bought 2 one gallon cans of tomatoes for less than $5.00.Worked out just fine. Got the area for Daffodils pretty much in order and ready for planting the bulbs as soon as it cools a bit. Noticed my Butterfly bush was looking pretty sad, cut off a few stems that were really brittle. Only thing I can figure out is the hose that waters that area just isn't getting to the BB roots. Cut all the dead wood off, adjusted water device and will just hope that there is still some life in it. In cleaning up I got to the Hollyhocks, like to never got that root system out of the ground. But with more water I managed to wiggle it loose and got it pulled out. Didn't realize they had such a huge root system. I've neglected my compost bin terribly, it got pretty dried out, don't see any worms wiggling around. Gave it a good soaking and will hope it starts "perkin'" again. Been meaning to ask you all if you've ever started Saliva from seed! I've got a nice but small green house and have some cuttings from my Geraniums started, also Sweetpeas, have oodles of seed from Marigolds that I'll sow right into the garden. The few Salvias that I bought a few months ago seem to like it here, but there isn't much of a selection at the nurseries, at least I haven't seen any. They seem to be maintenance friendly & that's what I'm looking for, "lazy gardener fix-its"!

Comments (8)