SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

Papilio Again, Sorry .....& Green Dragon bulb

aveo5
12 years ago

Ok guys/gals, you have helped me out greatly, and my replacement bulb for the first Papilio finally got here,and its perfect, fingers crossed for a bloom stalk. No bulblets pulled off it, but no tips of leaves either. but its firm,big and no hacked off bottom. BUT,I ordered a second one from a seller on EBay that sent me my first one that was perfect with a bloom bud peeking out. Well it JUST arrived and the 1in long bloom is smashed beyond hope:(, the bulb is enormous!,but it also is split on 1 side down 5 layers. From the 'neck', to the top of the roots, not into the roots.

It is like 5 layers were to tight or something and it split into a big V. No rot and it seems to be healed, but this is not what I want. I want blooms, and those are dead. I have contacted THIS seller and am waiting to hear his reply.

But it might put out a second bloom stalk,right? If this big V is healed and doesn't rot? Should I keep it, if my only recourse is to pay to return it, and wait another 2 weeks to get one. OR since it is so big, grow it out and see if I get a second bloom stalk? But what about this split of 5 layers? The other bulb had layers ripped off it, ahd that anti-fungal powder all over it, I planted it, but it is doing nothing yet. This is like the inside was to big for the outside. Like when oranges grow, if it rains to much, the skin splits on the fruit from to much water, to fast.

But this doesnt look ripped. It looks like a split,like the 'inner bulb' was to big for these 5 layers,it split and healed.

Guess my question is again, should I keep it, or return it to them, at my cost, and have them send me a replacement? Or if they tell me to keep it, will that split rot? I know you want pics. But I tried and it didnt work...again! By the time my buying ends, and it has, now I wait,I will have 5 new GOOD Papilio bulbs, not including that one that arrived all ripped up. Then of course my huge pot of my 'old' bulbs. So I will have a lot of them again!

Then my freaking 'Green Dragon' bulb arrived. The saddest bulb I have ever seen. For $25! My 'EverGreen' bulb, at $7, is massive and its a mini? This one is the size of a SMALL orange and semi firm, with a few tiny thin leaves starting to show, and this is suppose to be a 'forced bulb' and will bloom? I am waiting for a new bulb from them now to. It came in a padded envelope! Not even a box. Thats how small it is.

This is going to put out those big green/white flowers? It is 16cm, it was suppose to be over 32! At that price I could have gotten 2 Papilios from one of the other sellers.

Will this Green Dragon really grow? Are they that small of a bulb?, or are they ripping me off? DONNA....is you Green Dragon bulb that small? Any of them? I mean it arrived in one piece, no injury's, but its so small, I thought it would be HUGE, Did I over pay? Or is it that hard to get one? Any advise, please:) Thank you all.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
More Discussions