SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

What to put on papilio

Hi All,

I have a papilio scape that should yield the usual two flowers in a week or two and I am in a quandary as to what to put on these two flowers as I don't want to waste them! It appears that this is all I will have for papilio flowers this season.
Of course I will put pap pollen on everything and anything that comes along just in case, but I have a limited supply of fresh pollens to use on papilio.

This is what I have: Lima, Chico, PapEsStasy, Tango, Rio Negro & Exotic Star (which I've already done and won't do again) plus, Sweet Lilian. I've got a Magic Green that will be out in time, along with Half & Half, Showmaster and Amigo.

I would love to put Ruby Star on papilio but that is nowhere near bloom time.

I was thinking Tango (being pink might make pretty flowers) but not so sure about Rio Negro..all thoughts would be appreciated!

Donna

Now that I think about it I forgot that I had decided to put Chico on one flower so, that just leaves one choice..I want to make some flowers like Hans-Werner has. I already have a few of this cross but I'm down to 4 bulbs that survived. Four is not nearly enough...

This post was edited by dondeldux on Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 15:16

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions