SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

Saving Forced X-Mas Bulbs...How?

aveo5
12 years ago

Ok..I am going to TRY and save my 2 new Red Lion bulbs that I bought today. After the bloom show, what do i do with them? I can grow Papilio easily,in pots, and Lemon-Lime,and Limona. But when I have tried in the past to save these X-Mas forced bulbs, I usually ened up with nothing in a few months. Should I try to grow them in the pot outside, here in south Fla? Or plant in the ground,where....in shade or sun? Remember in summer it is an oven on full here. Or should I just ditch them after Christmas like I use to do.

But now that I am going to get a Green Dragon, and it seems to be like a Red Lion 'type' amaryllis. Not like a species that is easy to grow. I kind of need to know how to grow the Green Dragon after it blooms. I know they are not like the Papilio...even the Lemon-Limes are smaller and they do well here,in pots,and potbound. Is potbound good for them? I mean the Red Lion and Green Dragon. The Papilios get potbound in 1 season. I have to seperate them nearly every spring.

So...any tips on growing the Red Lion/Green Dragon 'types' after they bloom. At the price of the Green Dragon, I HAVE to save it. The Red Lions are no great loss....but i would like to TRY and save/grow them. Hints?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions