SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

I had a seed snatcher in my garden today

Someone who I hired to do a job around the house, was here today and who started work on a project before I realized they were there. I called out to them that I would be right out and went out to check in with them. As I came out across the backyard, I saw them over by my vegetable garden, bending over and as I got within earshot, I called out, 'find anything?' I thought they were looking for some leftover strawberries on the plants there, but no, they showed me about a dozen seed pods that they had pulled off my pansies. I was flabbergasted. I clearly gave them a disapproving look. They explained that these seeds should be planted. I explained to him, that I didn't plan on planting them, I planned on letting them drop to the ground where they were and allow them to self seed. They still didn't get the hint and went on to explain to me how the pods were still green, but the seeds were ready. Then casually said, well there were plenty still left on them and put what they had in their hand in their pocket. If I had not needed this person to finish a job that I had been waiting to cross off my list, I would have read them the riot act. I would have been happy to give seeds if asked, but wow, it really left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still shaking my head about this person who left a very bad impression on me today.

Comments (16)

Sponsored