SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

Fall Pictures~Nov. 17th-20th~

vera_eastern_wa
15 years ago

First here is the Abelmoschus AKA Hibiscus manihot as of this morning. I brought in to winter over and almost tossed it out thinking it had completely died a few weeks ago!

{{gwi:450773}}

Venidium 'Jaffa Ice' (African Daisy). These ones were self-sown from last years plants and are still continuing to bloom after several frosts....including 2 hard frosts near 22-24F!

{{gwi:443067}}

Hyssopus officinalis wintersown in 2006/7. Foliage is much nicer in person and is evergreen much of the winter zone 6 and warmer. Only needed a little cleaning up this past spring. They were pruned back when seeds were harvested to about 15"

{{gwi:450774}}

Aurinia *AKA Alyssum* saxitile 'Gold Dust' and Hens-n-Chicks getting winter coloring. The Aurinia stays nice thru the winter also

{{gwi:450775}}

Anthemis tinctoria/Golden Marguerite was wintersown December '07 and was the first to germinate on February 24th

{{gwi:450776}}

Partial view of northwest/northeast border. Just waiting for the ground to freeze before laying down winter mulch. These leaves have just blown in from neighbors huge overgrown Cherry tree!

{{gwi:450777}}

Cerinthe major (Blue Shrimp Plant) has been self-sowing itself since late August. Here is one as of 2 days ago; no signs of giving up anytime soon :O

{{gwi:450778}}

This is one of 4 original Snapdragon 'Black Prince' wintersown in 2005...now 3 years old. Have a few other no-names that are now 2 years old in the garden as well.

{{gwi:450779}}

How about Viola with Powdery Mildew!

{{gwi:450780}}

One of many Shirley Poppy seedlings

{{gwi:450781}}

Better picture of the Alyssum 'Gold Dust. The silver plant in the corner there is Dusty Miller

{{gwi:450782}}

More Viola in the Creeping Thyme

{{gwi:450783}}

Penstemon 'Husker's Red' wintersown 2006-7

{{gwi:450785}}

One of several volunteer Lavender 'Munstead'

{{gwi:450787}}

Stachys byzantina/Lamb's Ear.... Only had two germinate out of about 40 seed sown! Had no luck the previous year at all! Here is the better of the two planted in front of the Iris/volunteer Strawberry bed.

{{gwi:450789}}

Columbine 'Roman Bronze' in chartreuse

cool weather color. Not impressed with the flowers but love the foliage.

{{gwi:450791}}

Volunteer Feverfew 'Flore Pleno'. Another one I love for the foliage. Is also spectacular when covered in hundreds of blooms. Can get quite LARGE; but mounding!

{{gwi:450793}}

Lastly, this one was taken October 6th, but was one of my favorite combinations...on accident even LOL!. Neither the Rudbeckia or the Aster laevis (Smooth Blue Aster) were planted! Both were volunteers :)))

{{gwi:450795}}

PS. We are getting our very fist snow....a very WET rain- turned-to-snow snow...as I type! LOL!

Comments (7)

Sponsored