SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feighner

Update on Seedlings

feighner
16 years ago

The amaryllis seeds (50+) are up and going strong, one is about 3 inches most of the rest are about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Can somebody tell me when the amaryllis should develope a scond leaf?

The Hippeastrum seeds (18) are moving slower, One is about 1 inch and 3 others are not up to 1/2 inch as yet. The other starts are pushing the seed up away from the soil and the roots are getting larger, so for now I will be happy with this.

The day lily seed that I planted are between 7 and 5 inches with a couple of them adding a second leaf at this time.

I now have several hunderd hosta seeds (open pollenated) no idea what they well look like, I plan on starting them about the middle of December inside so that I can plant them out early spring at a size that I hope will make it.

I have a Hippeastrum planted in the flower bed outside my front door that has been growing there for about 4 years and it is now up about 3 inches, looking forward to the bloom. Bloom color? I do not remember, suffering from oldtimers, I think that it may be a pink.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
More Discussions