SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clumsygrdner

Hi! I'm new to Wintersowing

clumsygrdner
16 years ago

Hello! I'm new to wintersowing and I have a few questions. I have lurked around the forum for a few weeks.

I've pored over the Wintersown.org (I'll be sending an envelope for free seeds!) I live with a bit of a neat freak and I was wondering how you guys kept your Wintersowing containers presentable and not looking like a pile of trash with dirt in it? (Words not mine *cringe*) Any tips?

I don't think I'm going to get enough milk jugs to sow everything I want. I think my best budgeting option would be the plastic baggies. Are there any tricks of the trade that I need to know? What size baggies do I get? How do I keep them from flopping over? I don't want to put them in a box. Wouldn't that swamp them? But I don't have anything to prop them up. I have a new house without so much as a bush or a fence yet to help me.

Finally, when do I start? :D Can I sow anything now? I'm preparing a nice bed and I have some rye to sow over winter in it to make sure it's nice and soft for my future babies. :)

I'm so excited! This is going to be great!

Comments (17)

Sponsored