SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

h. nelsonii, need advice please

Hi,

I bought this h. nelsonii from Komoriya as I'm sure several of you did also and I have some questions as to what it likes. I googled and all I could find is that it likes a light, well aerated soil and it remains evergreen. I'm sure there must be more information out there but I couldn't find it.

I'm wondering if it would like some intense or dappled sun as currently it is growing under lights in my furnace room and for some reason is doing very well unlike many other of my Komoriya bulbs. I do realize that it was just a toss of the dice that I received a good bulb and not due to anything I've done.

Should I continue to water it regularly as I have been doing with a dilute liquid fertilizer and more it upstairs and put it in my very sunny bay window or let well enough alone and leave it under the lights?

I hesitate to move it as my track record with some of these species bulbs is not good. I have had a terrible time with all my aulicums. Three from Komoriya (2 replacement bulbs as the first bulb was diseased, not virused) and I only have one left with no leaves but some roots. My lovely h. aulicum from Telos died from rot as I put it outside for the summer. My pot of aulicum seedlings was put outside for the summer and now has mealy bugs. I just can't seem to do things correctly with h. aulicum!!

Strangely enough I am able to keep my pot of reticulatums happy but I did loose my lovely Mrs. Garfield given to me by someone from this forum a few years back. And, my . mandoniis are doing well.

So, any advice on either of these bulbs would be appreciated, thanks.

Donnaâºâºâº

Comments (30)

Sponsored
More Discussions