SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pvick_gw

Ate my first WS tomatoes today ...

PVick
16 years ago

Harvested 5 toms from the 'patio" tomato plant, and darned if I didn't forget to take a pic before I chomped 'em! Wiped them off on my shirt and ate them like apples. They're nice medium-sized salad tomatoes - meaty, not watery at all and quite tasty.

I've got an elderly neighbor-friend around the corner on my floor; a few years ago, I started sharing my tomatoes, sweet peppers and scallions with her. She ranted and raved about them - how delicious they were, how so not like grocery store tomatoes, etc., etc. Since then, she starts asking in January if I've planted stuff out yet, even though she *knows* she won't see any tomatoes until July or August! Anyway, she got three of the five I picked today; I'll have to wait for her review, 'cause she's saving them for her Sunday salad.

For the 'patio' tomatoes, I stuck two plants in one hole and they are bearing like there is no tomorrow. Now I'm waiting on the 'kosovo' (thanks Trudi), which are large and heart-shaped and still very, very green! Can hardly wait to taste those!

PV

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington