SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
istaticl

Palo Verde branches dying back

istaticl
13 years ago

I recently received a new palo verde from the Tucson Trees for shade program. When it arrived on my doorstep it was very spindly and had very few leaves. It is planted in the middle of a lawn (I removed the grass from an area a little larger than the trees dripline)and gets full sun from about 9am till sunset. I watered it every other day deeply for the first week, and then taped that down to about every 3-4 days. Towards the end of the first week the leaves began to shrivel, turn brown and then proceeded to drop. I've kept on the watering schedule of every 3-4 days, but maybe this isn't enough? The branches are still flexible and only getting brittle on the very tips of some of the brownest branches. On a side note, I was told that I would receive a desert museum species, but this palo verde seems to have throns, which I read the desert museum does not have. There are also tiny spider webs between many of the branches. I also have a post in the gallery section with a picture. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (6)