SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyl345

w.s.ing was fun, however ......

phyl345
17 years ago

w.s. was a great first-time experience for me, ... however ... i couldn't resist any longer ... the garden centers are so very, very full of color ... and i can't imagine my darling, itty, bitty seedlings giving me color for quite a long time ....

for example, i have healthy seedlings of wave petunia, however, they only have one set of true leaves!!!! really have no idea when they will bloom, but surely they won't be as big and loaded with flowers as the ones i bought today for at least a month (and they cost so little)...

petunias are just one example, i couldn't resist quite a few other things that i have small seedlings of too, .... maybe chicago is just too far north for w.s.ing annuals???

i am interested in how other northerners cope with the *NEED* for color sooner than our w.s. sweeties can possibly give us ...

maybe w.s.ing only perennials might be the way to go next year for me ... hmmmm .... maybe ....

b.t.w. i was indeed very successful with w.s. and enjoyed it immensely ... just awfully impatient for color in my gardens (grin) ... phyl

Comments (41)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH