SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverwind_gw

I've lost my mind... Sweet Peas, too late to bother?

silverwind
15 years ago

I knew there was something left in a box I'd tucked away I wanted to get back to... 4 or 5 packets of Sweet Peas.

Did I blow it? Should I try anyways? Maybe pre-sprout them and hope for the best?

Or give up and stick them in a feeder for the squirrels to steal? :)

On a nicer note, the other day I planted *4* containers of Nicotiana, a very full container of Forget-me-Nots ('Baby Blue'), Cosmos 'Sensation Mix' and Dianthus 'Ipswitch Pinks'.

I have tons more to get to, Lupines, more Nico and Cosmos, 'Black Moon' Pansies, Lunaria, Snapdragons, Hibiscus militaris, 'Alaska' Shasta daisies, Amaranthus, a few others I'll have to check my chart on, and more herbs and veggies.

I have a good round dozen containers that show nothing - Columbine (Aqualigea? did I remember it right for once?) which I'm hoping is just late, and a number of containers that just didn't dry out well. I think those are lost causes. I'm glad I saved a little seed just in case for most of them, several are plants I REALLY wanted so I can give a second try at them. :)

I'm doing a late sowing so I can get a few extras in, and get marigolds, Zinnias ('Envy' and ... some stripey multicolor thing, 'candy cane' maybe? 2yr old daughter liked the picture...) and anything else I've forgotten. :D Like the sweet peas... *lol*

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting