SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcyoung_gw

october glory maple.... please help identify disease

mcyoung
10 years ago

We have four october glory maples planted in our yard in October of last year by the builder of our new home. One in the front yard and three in the back. Everything was fine in the spring and all were full of beautiful green leaves.

Beginning of July, the leaves on the tree in the front yard began turning fall colors and fell. By end of July, all leaves had fallen and the tree in our front yard was bare. We have bushes in the front also, where half of our bushes have bare spots with some green leaves still hanging in there and others seem to be unaffected.

As you can see from the picture below, there are white spots (like mold) and looks like a tint of green areas also on the tree. This one tree is the only one in the neighborhood (that I can tell) that has lost all leaves and is in this condition.

We had a lawn service fertilize the yard a couple of times this year. We had a wet spring and summer and I watered when we had no rain for a week or more.

I am at a loss and would greatly appreciate any help in identifying what is going on with our tree and what I can do to nurture it back to health.

Thank you very much for your help!

Comments (3)