SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harmonyp

Building cool things for the Garden

harmonyp
11 years ago

I see prices in the stores for trellises and arbors and borders, and other garden structures, and they are insane. I started building my own trellises as soon as I got my first climbing roses and vines. It's fun and quite easy. Recently I've been looking at borders to get ideas. I cannot believe how pricey the little 2' sections of wood picket fence are, or the metal decorative borders. I'd really like to upgrade my borders (tacky right now), and I've been eyeballing these pointed stakes in the building sections of Lowes - 1 1/2', 2', + 1"x1" - bundles of 25 really inexpensive, and thinking about different materials to go between them. I'm also starting to think about whether to create my own fountain, or to purchase one. Reasonably priced fountains can be found, so I'm not sure which way I'll go on that one. And then, also thinking about building simple archways. I see premade wood archways with about $10 of material for over $100!

Wondering how many people do "build their own" structures and such for their gardens? Photos would be great.

Comments (17)