SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zaphod42_gw

I was doing so well...I had a plan...back to the drawing board

zaphod42
11 years ago

I started out so well in September with my orders from Pickering and Palatine. Then came the Heirloom order in September where I went a bit off-script, but not too bad. The Pickering news had me going back to the websites and looking at new things. My Rogue Valley order just busted up any cohesive garden layout for this springs new plantings. I'm excited about about all the choices just not sure where they will all find a home. I am trying to re-organize my placement in advance before I forget. Last year I did not do that and ended up planting a couple bareroots where I meant for some later own-root arrivals to go.

Here's what I've got so far that I know what to do with -
My Sunshine and Crazy Dottie (my first minis)
Morden Snowbeauty
Ispahan
Munstead Woods
Crested Sweetheart
Blanche Belgique
Ascot (Planting up near house as it is borderline hardy for me. Hopefully it is okay with some hot afternoon sun on occasion)
Gruss an Aachen (Everyone always raves about it here, so... I am wondering about the spring freeze protection note in HMF.)

Questions-
How would you compare Queen of Denmark and Duchesse de Montebello in a setting (size wise and bush shape)? One area is a stand-alone spot next to Constance Spry and one spot is more in a corner off towards the back of the yard.

Can Rook handle a bit of afternoon shade? Would get lots of early sun, but after about two in summer it would be shaded.

I also bought an HT on a whim. (It was from Rogue Valley and I just needed one more for the free rose - which I also don't have a place for currently, but think I will gift as a housewarming present to a friend this spring). I bought Ingrid Bergman. I have a possible spot for her, but it is in front of Hot Cocoa. I'm worried that might be a color clash. I've put Hot Cocoa 'ON NOTICE' this summer to try and not be so weird looking. We'll see how that works out. Will Ingrid stay under 3' per HMF? What is the overall shape?

I'm also on the waiting list at Rogue for Crested Damask. I told my husband I was adding 4 to 7 roses only. Only slightly off on that estimate. :)

Any suggestions for placement of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County