SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
semesterke

Growing Inside & Babies

semesterke
14 years ago

Two weeks ago I bought 2 Flower Carpet Red Ground Cover Rose plants and 1 Knock Out Rose plant at 90% off with a BOGO offer for a total of 6 rose plants. All the plants are in the form of a 3 to 4 foot tall single stem tree. Two were planted outside. I do not feel they will make it due to being so late in the Fall. Ground freeze will push the plants roots up out of the soil since they have not had time to anchor the plant. I put bags of bark to cover the area around the roots after the ground frooze to help. In the short time the other 4 trees have been in the house they have lost their leaves and have started growing new ones. First question. Is there anything special I can do to help them make it inside the house till Spring? Anyone ever done this and can help me with suggestions? Last question. Three of the 4 pots have a baby rose plant coming up. How do I seperate them from the mother plant and how tall do I let them get before doing so? Two of the babies are very close to the edge of the pot.

Comments (12)