SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrie630

My GOOD deed for the day!....

16 years ago

and when I mean GOOD, I mean GOOD!

You see, we have a family of rabbits that are in the backwoods and every evening we've been slapping our hands to scare them away. (They are cute but devour everything around). So far, they hadn't gone near the raised bed of BES, Rose Campions, Sweet Williams, etc. etc....

I have huge chicken wire hoops around a lot of those plantings, plus I would lay down flat some plastic chicken wire - Well....

This morning my husband goes out for the paper, looks out our kitchen window and in the far distance sees "something" in the raised bed - near the hoop.

Two of the rabbits walked around the hoops and found an open space and were eating my Black Eyed Susans!!! I rushed outside (we both did) and ran to the bed but one of the rabbits got caught in the wire of the hoop and was screaming!

My husband ran out to the garage to get wire cutters, while I am holding this huge wire hoop up in the air, slowing turning it to see if he could get loose! He was screaming!

Could I let him die? (No way!) Would we try and save him and let him go right back to his home where we KNOW he'll be back tonight? Here I am saying "It's okay, you'll be okay.. we'll help you" in my soothing voice I use for the cats... and meantime I am thinking "what the heck did you eat out of my bed?!"...

So, we cut him loose, he ran away really, really fast... and now I am wondering

Do ya think he'll be back.... :) (hope not...)

Carrie

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus