SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treenoobie

Norway Maple Tree removal! Help!

TreeNoobie
9 years ago

I am basically at a sticky situation. I have a 39" DBH co-domaiant Norway Maple Tree in my backyard and it is about 8 feet away from the foundation of my house. This tree is huge; It is taller than my house and the shades that the tree provides can cover my house during the summer.

However, the location of this tree is on the property line between my house and my neighbor's house. My neighbor decided to have a reconstruction for his house. The construction company used heavy machinery to dig up the ground and damaged the root of the tree. On top of that, my neighbor is also planning to put a stone wall around the tree which makes me question the safety of this tree.

I have a few questions:
#1: Is this tree still safe?
#2: How deep does the tree root usually go into the ground for Norway Maple tree? How far does the root usually spread?
#3: If I decide to remove the tree, should I remove the stump as well? What would be the reason(s) to remove the stump? I know it costs extra and that's why I am wondering
#4: Will the tree removal damage the house foundation? It is pretty close to my house and I am afraid that the tree roots will die following the tree removal and ultimately damaging the house foundation.

I have attached a picture of the damages of the tree roots.

Comments (6)