SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Vintage babies arrived today

jenn
11 years ago

My new babies arrived from Vintage today - Angel Face VID and Granada VID. I immediately removed all packaging and placed them outdoors in the cool sun under cloudy skies. Nighttime temps are in the mid-50s so I'll leave them outside. Tomorrow morning I will pot them up to 1-gal black plastic pots filled with good E.B. Stone potting mix.

The instructions inside the package recommend weekly feedings with a mild liquid fertilizer. The Vintage website says to water in with a dilute organic fertilizer, then follow up a week or so later with a top dressing of a time release fertilizer and a small handful of alfalfa pellets (rabbit food), and highly recommends weekly feedings with a mild, organic liquid fertilizer like fish emulsion or kelp meal added to water.

I have Foliage-Pro liquid fertilizer (9-3-6) and an old bottle of fish emulsion and liquid seaweed. I also have a new bag of granular rose fertilizer that contains alfalfa.

So, following the above recommendations: Should I initially water in with a weak solution of Foliage-Pro, then a week later add a top dressing of my granular rose fertilizer that contains alfalfa, and then switch to weekly fish emulsion feedings -- or ADD weekly fish emulsion feedings in addition to Foliage Pro, or alternate weekly feedings between FP and fish emulsion? I am assuming that all of these feedings should be half-strength or less.

I plan to pinch off any buds for at least a few months (that's going to be the hardest part!!!)

Comments (20)