SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19696490

How would you have done this differently (pic)?

User
14 years ago

In the Spring of 2007, this was my first bed at this new house. I knew very little about roses and my Mother said you want Hybrid Teas in various colors. In hindsight, I am not sure this is such an ideal spot for HTs as when they are not in bloom, they look a bit tall and stick-y. But it is a narrow bed of about 2 feet width by some back steps. So in another way, the vase shape works.

Of the 5 HTs here (I already ditched Oregold and replaced it with Flaming Peace) I chose 2 that are super tall which is not so much to my liking as I am ah, petite, myself. The tall ones are Memorial Day and Mister Lincoln.

So looking at the bed of 5, they are Heirloom, a tiny ownroot Flaming Peace, which has not grown well, Double Delight, Mister Lincoln and Memorial Day.

Would you have opted for something different here? I don't have any new beds to move these to and DH would not want to chuck them. But any suggestions are appreciated. Maybe I would have done better with something like The Prince, John Clare?

All 5:

{{gwi:271351}}

Closer of 1st 3:

{{gwi:334192}}

Closer of last 2:

{{gwi:334193}}

Comments (22)