SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alwayzbgrateful

How would you handle this? Have we been swindled?

Alwayzbgrateful
10 years ago

A few weeks ago my husband ordered what he was told was a 1 gal own root rose online. He did do his research on the company, they had a pretty good reputation, a few complaints on plant size but not many. This place doesn't specialize in roses , they sells all sorts of annuals trees etc.This was supposed to be his way of surprising me, in order to help with grandmas garden.Anywhoo long story short, when the 1 gal own root rose arrived we found out it was nothing more than a newly rooted cutting with a tiny root system (no root ball) . He paid 45 $ for the cost of the rose plus s&h, I've contacted the comp, to ask if there was some mistake.My answer was, "nope thats the established 1gal own root rose, own root plants are always smaller then the grafted ones your used to seeing in nurseries" Seriously? I'm pretty upset that this company it trying to pass off cuttings as established plants. How would you handle this if it happened to you? I try to keep my emotions out of my purchases, complaints, but I'm so upset that this person took advantage of us (the look of dissapointment on my poor hubbys face), and I dont know how many other people.
Thank you all for listening, sorry my post is so long. Any advice how to handle this?
âÂÂ¥Lyna

Comments (44)