SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Everything is late this year!

jacqueline9CA
12 years ago

Well, it was Halloween last night. Usually, our front lawn is covered in at least 18 inches of large oak leaves from our 4 story tall Scarlet oak tree. We get those leaf bags that look like pumpkins and fill them up and use them to line the front walk. Not this year - only a bare scattering of leaves down so far. The oak trees (I have another scarlet oak in the back yard) are barely beginning to turn colors. The city where I live has been sending its leaf eating machine along the road where I live, but hardly any leaves anywhere yet.

All summer it was milder than usual (highs in the 70s instead of the 80/90s and morning fog, which is unusual for us in the summer), and all of my plants were all at least 1 month behind where they usually would have been. I'm not complaining - some of my roses are just coming into their October bloom instead of ending it. But it is weird. It kept raining through June, instead of stopping in April.

I am actually looking forward to our winter rains - I want to turn off the irrigation system, and I am totally tired of watering pots! We have only had one storm so far - a month ago. Rain predicted for next weekend - we will see. Meanwhile, the weather is perfect, sunny every single day - mild temps - my Fall bulbs actually came up this year, instead of getting buried in the leaves.

What's going on where you live?

Jackie

Comments (11)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor