SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Teasing Georgia as a pillar rose?

dublinbay z6 (KS)
15 years ago

For those of you who keep track, I'm still looking for a climber for the one spot I have open and in enough sun. I've now decided a little more color may be the thing to do, so what do you think of Teasing Georgia as a climber?

I checked some earlier posts on this forum and at HMF, and a number of posters spoke positively about TG's disease-resistance (a must in my garden). And I can tell the blooms are beautiful--but you may elaborate on how light or how dark the colors are, if you wish. And anything else you think I should know.

But what I'm really concerned about is if it will get tall enough for a pillar. The question about whether David Austin shrubs can really be called climbers in places other than California, Texas, and Florida came up on another thread I posted the other day. I'm in Kansas (practically in Oklahoma), but rampant growth is not a characteristic of any rose in my garden. Our heat is more likely to kill or at least send the poor rose into self-protective semi-dormancy instead. DA lists Teasing Georgis as 8 ft tall as a climber. Can I expect it to get that tall or somewhere in that general vacinity--even 6 ft tall, maybe 7 ft?

Thanks for any input.

Kate

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County