SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cananmedia_com

Do-It-Yourself: 8mm film transfer, vhs to dvd, cassette to cd

cananmedia.com
16 years ago

Several of our members here asked about the procedure to convert VHS to DVD without a video card. It's pretty easy for you to do it by your self if you have the following items (without an expensive video card) and follow the instruction below:

-----------------------------------

Hardware requirements:

1.Powerful PC for video capturing and edtting;

2.Firewire (I1394) port

3.Digital Camcorder with AV in/out

4.VHS player (VCR)

------------------------------------

Software requirements

1. Pinnacle Pro Plus or

2. Adobe Premier or

3. There are many other cunsumer level video editing software

--------------------------------------

Step-by-step:

1. Connect your VCR to the camcorder via the A/V In/out cable, usually it has a component interface to VCR or a s_video interface, remember to turn A/V (or s_Video)

in/out to 'ON', in the camcorder's menu function

2. Switch the camcorder to 'PLAY' mode;

3. Connect the PC with Camcorder with a Firewire cable (I1394);

4. Power on the VCR player;

5. Power on the camcorder;

6. Open the video capturing software, even the standard Windows Movie Maker can capture the footage into AVI format file. - remember to capture into AVI, it's the

best for archiving and editting, NOT Mpg-2 or any other formats.

7. Play the video tape from VCR.

in my next article I'll show you how to convert PAL tapes into NTSC DVDs. If you have any questions or need help, please don't hesitate to email me, If you are quote this

instruction, please mention this is from CanaanMedia.com. Good luck!

If you want to save your time, please use the following professional service to help you!

Sam, http://www.CanaanMedia.com

speng@CanaanMedia.com

-------------------------

8mm Film Transfer - Our Work is used by MSNBC CBS for TV Show Frame-by-Frame,repair,Canaan is the 1st in USA.

VHS to DVD -Our Work is used by MSNBC CBS for TV Show,All type of video tapes,repair,high resolution.

cassette to CD - Our Work is used by MSNBC CBS for TV Show,All type of audio tapes or reels,noise cancellation,repair.

35mm slide scanning - Our Work is used by SNBC CBS for TV Show,highest resolution,repair.

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY: 8mm Film Transfer, VHS to DVD,Cassette to CD,35mm Slide Scanning

Comment (1)