SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Giving away roses in San Antonio, Texas

I'm giving away roses in San Antonio, Texas. I've been contemplating the need to reduce the number of high maintenance plants in my garden due to the drought/water situation plus the fact I'm not getting any younger. Owing to good genes and good health at almost 77 I can still put in a good days work, but this project needs get underway while I'm still in condition to enjoy carrying out the redesign. The recent discovery of chilli thrips on the roses is providing the impetus to get on with the program.

I've contacted the local rose society to which I used to belong and they are going to announce it at the November meeting in the chance that those who already treating for chilli thrips (and there are quite a few that are) may want to take some. However, most of my roses are antiques and Austins and not the hybrid teas that many members prefer to grow for exhibition. So I'm posting here in the even smaller chance that someone from a colder climate may be coming to San Antonio during the holiday season and have a way to transport them since I don't want to ship. I say 'cold climate' since chilli thrips cannot survive in cold weather conditions.

A lot of the roses are in pots so there are no problems in digging them. You can click on my page to see a list of the roses that I have.

I'm eagerly anticipating landscaping my back garden with more drought tolerant and chilli thrip resistant plants as I have the front yard. I'll keep a few roses in hopes that we'll have a cold winter which will kill off the chilli thips. But of course they are subject to blowing in again.

Anyone interested can send an email through my page.

Ragna/Roselee

Here is a link that might be useful: A peek at my garden. More links to photos on the right ....

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone