SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elemire_gw

Autumn flowers and other small stuff

elemire
13 years ago

Autumn pretty much is taking over here, with asters taking over the show, although quite a few of my roses served as faithful autumn flowers (see gallery). While not much is going on in the garden at the moment (mostly waiting for the dormancy to kick in for the replanting), there are small funny things at times.

Like the other day I got a rose catalog from one of the local nurseries, but did not notice when it was dropped into the mail. So I come to our living room and see our one year old daughter sitting on the sofa, with the catalog (which she snatched from mail herself), pointing at pictures and saying in a charming baby way "pretty". :D

Then I got to make a bouquet for my in law from whatever was in the garden (because everyone forgot to buy it) - the end result was not bad considering it is mid October and almost freezing in the morning. But the lovely part of it was that when my mother in law got it, she sniffed roses and they had a fragrance! Small thing, but quite neat really, not to have an embarrassing moment when someone sniffs the bouquet and flowers have no fragrance.

{{gwi:316658}}

Comments (13)