SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

Potted foolproof 'cabbagey' rose suggestion for a friend?

aimeekitty
12 years ago

Hey folks!

I really appreciate all the advice in the past, I'm hoping you can help me advise a friend of mine.

She's new to gardening and to roses and has a spot that gets full sun from about 9-ish to 3:30ish.

She lives roughly in the San Jose, Northern California area.

She wanted to keep a couple roses in pots. So it would need to be something that can deal with being in a pot for a long time (and I'm guessing that also means roses that stay relatively small/medium sized?)

It'd be great if it had good rebloom and was pretty foolproof as she's a beginning gardener. She said that fragrance was not a big issue for her but, as usual, it would be nice.

Her main criteria other than climate and being a pot was that she wanted a round cabbagey form. So I figured that OGRs would be a good place for her to look, but it doesn't matter to us if it's OGR or modern as long as it fits the criteria.

When she did a quick search, she liked Hermosa, for example of bloom-shape. But she hasn't seen it in person. I'm suggesting that she go visit the Heritage Rose garden since she's lucky to be relatively near it. But I'm just telling you Hermosa or other cabbagey-like round blooms are what she prefers.

Comments (8)