SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christy2828

Which rose bush? I'm new to roses!

christy2828
12 years ago

I have recently moved to NE north carolina - the inner banks near Elizabeth City. I saw an HGTV episode where in the pacific northwest she had a huge rose tree in a beautifully deep red. I loved it! I don't know that I can manage to make such a beautiful tree, but would like a nice rose bush to start with. I just saw some rose bushes at my daughters new school yesterday, and thought, whoa! I can grow those here! We've only been here 5 weeks and I've already redone one bed with hummingbird friendly perenial and planted 11 butterfly/bird friendly and native trees. I'm just new to roses, and this is my favorite website for information. I don't know the difference in the type of bushes but I have an idea of what I would like - probably on par with everyone else's requests!!! I'd love a disease resistant, fragrant, and prolific flowering in RED. I like the medium sized ones, with a lot of petals. I have ample sunlight, and have a pretty good thumb for succulents, and many perennials, I'm not afraid to do my research, but need to be pointed in the right direction for picking a plant. Thanks for any advice!!!! Christy :)

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor