SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molineux_gw

Happy Child is ...

Molineux
17 years ago

A happy rose.

Just yesterday as I was murdering SYMPHONY for lack of fragrance I happened to glance over at HAPPY CHILD sitting next to it in the pot ghetto. What a cute plant! I've had this English Rose two years and it has turned out to be very good cultivar. The flower that had just finished opening had fanfrickentastic Old Garden Rose flower form, brilliant canary yellow color without any orange or green tones, and a lovely fresh fragrance. Come to think of it this boy has repeat bloomed all summer and although he did defoliate due to blackspot back in July/August (I don't spray my roses in the pot ghetto) the canes have completely reclothed themselves in lime green leaves that are flawlessly clean. I can't help but consider it one of my best finds. Of course he is not as good as my namesake but if your looking for a yellow English Rose that is smaller in growth habit (about 3x2) then HAPPY CHILD would be a good choice.

Below is an image of Happy Child posted by Jay-20013 back in November at the Roses Gallery. Look at that perfect flower form and color! The bloom on my rose looked exactly like the one in the picture. GLORIOUS!!!

{{gwi:253117}}

Comments (21)