SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynneinperth

Suggestions for a David Austin Pink?

LynneinPerth
12 years ago

I'm putting in a new garden, and would like to plant a row of David Austin pink roses. I'm having lots of trouble choosing which variety - decisions, decisions!!

I would be most grateful for your advice on what flowers the most abundantly and for the longest time. I've been looking at John Clare, Portmeirion, Mary Rose, Sharifa Asma, Heritage, Pretty Jessica, plus all the others. I would prefer a mid to bright pink, but my main preference is lots of flowers over a long flowering season.

Also, if this goes well, I may put in a second row of roses along an adjacent border (near a wisteria). What would be another nice rose to compliment the first? I like pinks, purple and whites, and a splash of yellow would be okay too.

Our climate in Perth Western Australia is Mediterranean. We have hot dry summers and fairly mild winters. My garden has a good water supply and plenty of sunshine. The soil quality is good and I will prepare it well for each rose bush before planting.

Please help - I'm fairly new to rose gardening and would be most appreciative of any suggestions.

Comments (23)