SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pat_in_maine

This site gave me inspiration!

Pat_in_Maine
21 years ago

For the past several years I have been unable to garden as I had. Recently I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have not been able to use any medicines they give me to manage it so I can garden. I can no longer weed or sack things around as I am used to. I even had a few gardens dug up by neighbors who wanted the plants just to ease the work load. I came in here tonight and just read some nice things you all suggested to Tony about his moms limitations. Very inspirational! This summer we made a "cottage" down by the gardens. It took us all summer to build but it's a place I can go and read my garden books, dry some flowers, and still be by my gardens. I have limitaions on my gardens still. I'm hoping to transform some into raised beds or more user friendly beds that don't require bending or kneeling. I'm going to focus on the good things I still enjoy and not the dreaded weeds. Shrubs can replace perennials.....benches can be put in areas for a rest.....pots of flowering annuals can be put on tree stumps or something higher for ease of watering. There are a lot of things I can do to make gardening possible. And all of those neighbors who were wanting more of my perennials can come dig what they want when I put my favorites in the raised beds. And I can go to their houses and admire them! Sometimes we just have to adjust to the situations. Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County