SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Medicare Now What ????

mikeandbarb
16 years ago

I've been on disability for a year now and I'm past having the nerves in my back burned so that I'm not in pain but I was sent a notice from medicare that they have changed how they pay. I may have to pay up front for any medical care I receive. When I had this done last year it cost 15,000.00 dollars.

I had one steroid injection last month, medicare did not pay the bill and said they're not going to pay the bill? It was over 1000.00 dollars. We cannot afford for me to have this done on our budget. I can't get insurance from my husbands work because the time frame to enroll has come and gone besides the fact that this is a pre-condition and insurances don't pay for pre-conditions.

I'm limited to pain medicine because of the control our government has put on how much or how often they give you pain medicine.

I don't know what I'm going to do if they don't help me with my pain. BTW my problems are in my back and hips degeneration of the spine and hip joints.

I can't even walk in mall anymore to take my grand kids shopping if I wanted to.

Back in Dec. I went to my grand daughters basketball game and the next night I went to her school choru program to see her sing. The next morning I wasn't able to stand on my left leg due to sitting on the bleachers and sitting on the chair, I can't even stay at the hospital with my dad when he's been omitted because of nothing to sit on that does not leave me crippled :( All the chairs leave my back and hips in such pain that I can't walk the next day.

Is there no help for people that have this problem????

If this is the case that I can't get help, I think I'd rather not be alive.

Comments (8)