SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patrick45_gw

rose gardening advise please??

patrick45
16 years ago

well, this is basically my first post here in the garden forums and I have grown to love the idea of growing such beautiful roses as all of you have displayed, and I want to know exactly how I can grow them! Im 13 and really interested in gardening, and Ive already picked up some advise from the internet! one person said that roses thrive if they are exposed to early morning and early afternoon sun and protected from the savage mid and late afternoon sun and protected from the wind,if this is true then the roses will really thrive where I live, where I live its literally like a forest! theres food bearing trees everywhere! ( mainly pecan trees,my neighborhood used to be a pecan plantation before it became a neighborhood in the 1950s.I also have a wild pear tree in my backyard ) and the roses would be exposed to early morning and early afternoon sun and protected from the mid afternoon sun! the only problem is the trees just suck up EVERYTHING REALLY FAST! also, some other people said roses thrive on bannana peels, compost and fish stuff you put into the water and feed them with! if I were to take these people's advise, would I get really lovely roses in my backyard?

Comments (12)