SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

Help evaluating what I need to do this fall

aimeekitty
12 years ago

Hey folks, I took a lot of photos this morning of my backyard. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed...

this year I've had very little time to garden and I've had a fair amount of plant failures, thankfully MOST of the roses have been fine.

This garden was started from scratch in Dec 2009, so I guess next year will be it's third year?

I really want to try and make some improvements this fall when it starts to cool down a bit.

I pretty much have NO IDEA what I should do because I'm still a beginning gardener.

This is partially about roses because I have like 80 of them, but I know some of you garden (or have gardened) in similar areas to mine and I was hoping you might point me in the right direction.

I try to ask my local nursery, but I'm feeling like I'm taking stabs into the dark as to why certain plants have died. I don't know if I amended too much, or not enough... or if I'm fertilizing enough. I'm just very confused. :(

Please see this post here for more explanation and photos. I'd be extremely grateful for any directions you can give me to get me started back down the right path for improving my garden for next year.

http://aimeesroses.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/state-of-the-garden/

Here is a link that might be useful: PHOTOS AND EXPLANATION

Comments (22)