SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cemeteryrose

Goodbye to my mother

cemeteryrose
14 years ago

Hi -

Eric and others of you may recall that my main reason for coming to Ohio from Sacramento has been to visit my mother.

{{gwi:303092}}

Her birthday is June 11th, which made it great for also going to the Wooster, OH, Garden of Roses of Legend and Romance Open Garden. When I came this year, it was to celebrate her 91st birthday. "God willing," I said, she'd still be with us, and she was. She died on Aug 1 as she wanted, living productively in her big brick farm house to the end. She was doing the dishes when she had a massive stroke. May we all be so lucky, to live a long, productive life in a place that we love.

{{gwi:303095}}

A rose from Wooster's rose sale, 'Wind Chimes,' is doing very well at my nephew's house. He plans to move to my mother's place, and the rose will come with his family. It's my three-year-old great-niece's rose, and she waters it faithfully. There are no roses at my mother's house - she was a no-fuss, daisy kind of person - but I'll be glad to see it planted there. I love that my nephew's three little ones are going to grow up in our family's beloved home. The circle of life continues.

{{gwi:303098}}

Anita

Comments (43)