SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Blush Noisette vs Boule de Neige?

Last year I fell in love with Boule de Neige and, after searching all over google, could only find it in stock with Hortico, so I ordered it for spring 2014 delivery--but got a message at the last minute that it was not available. I wanted Boule de Neige so badly that I left a hole open in that informal hedge along the back alley--just waiting to see it I could get it for Spring 2015 delivery. Well, so far, it looks like that will not happen. The few places that list it also state that it is "sold out"--of course, that might still be from last winter, but I'm starting to get nervous about whether I will be able to get one this coming year either.

To be on the safe side, I started researching other noisettes also--and Blush Noisette looks like it is more readily available in the USA than Boule de Neige is. Could some of you compare those two for me? Floriferousness, size, disease-resistance, reblooming, and, since I live in Zone 6, cold hardiness. Fry easily in the hot summer sun? some shade tolerance?

In other words, if I have to settle on Blush Noisette instead of Boule de Niege, will I be happy?

Pictures are welcome also. : )

Thanks,

Kate

Comments (21)