SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amelie325

To Rule Out [any poss. rootstock that has doubled blooms]

amelie325
10 years ago

I found this beautiful, much oppressed rose yesterday in someone's neglected back yard (it's likely a rental and it sits along an alleyway). I'll get a pic today (although as overcast as it is, I'm not sure it will do it any favors). It's white, with petals that slightly furl out/under. About 2.5 to 3" across. It only has three spindly little shoots, as it is being mightily oppressed by a larger and more vigorous rose.

My question, then, is: does anyone know of any rootstocks that would produce doubled blooms that look rather pretty? Because I am not so sure I want to take cuttings of a "common" or nondescript rootstock. So, trying to rule that out before I take a cutting or three. The reason it *might* be rootstock is because it's only a few inches from the hulking behemoth rose that's eating a chainlink fence. I'll try to get a overall pic later of that, too. So, either it's a rootstock--or the Hulk is--or it is just really poor planning/planting. It's odd, also, because the Hulk is maybe 6-8" from the fence (and along side it), where as the little white rose is between the Hulk and fence, slightly to the side.

I might have to talk walk that way now; all this typing and thinking about it has me très curieux!

Comments (15)