SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ogrose_tx

Time to Vent

ogrose_tx
13 years ago

We are having some remodeling done in our house and outdoor garden shed, and I'm having a nervous breakdown. Hope you don't mind if I vent, it may save my sanity!

This afternoon I went outside and one guy was cleaning his paintbrushes in my mulched flower bed close to my Climbing Pinkie, and I came unglued, said "No, No, No!", which I think he understood, LOL. They have a total mess out on the patio of the shed, I guess they don't get rid of the sheetrock and other mess they leave.

This remodeling is coming to a screeching halt as soon as they are done with what they are presently doing, which should be in the next couple of days. It can wait until later. My husband has Stage 4 cancer which has spread to the bone, and due to the drugs and chemo, he just isn't thinking clearly and is totally unorganized. While I surely appreciate him wanting to fix the house up, the mess and unorganization is just not worth it. And I'm sure the contractor is becoming frustrated as well. So...

Can't believe how expensive this is getting! I had no idea how much I took for granted the things my husband did over the years to our house including painting, tiling, gutters, helping me with heavy work in the garden, etc. And, believe me, I have told him so.

However, as soon as it cools off, I will get some cheap labor, have two strong sons who are going to be called on to spend a weekend getting rid of the mess.

Sorry for the somewhat OT, but I feel better already! Life is good.

OGRose

Comments (32)