SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cemeteryrose

Upcoming Sacramento Cemetery Historic Rose Garden Events

cemeteryrose
14 years ago

Hi -

It's summer, but the activities continue.

This Saturday, July 18, I will be "branching out" (you all can groan at the bad pun) by giving a tree tour about the cemetery trees and their symbology. I'll be with another Master Gardener who is an arborist and wealth of knowledge - it should be fun and informative.

On Aug 1, we will have a table at the wonderful Harvest Day which the Sacramento Co. Master Gardeners hold at their Fair Oaks Horticulture Center. We'll have a bouquet, handouts, and a display. The MGs will have a stone fruit tasting (Dave Wilson nursery), a grape and tomato tasting, lots of talks and demos and tables. A very fun day in a lovely location.

We will be having our last "Deadheading at Dusk" on Mon, Aug 4, from 6:30 pm to dark in the cemetery. It's really nice to be there as the sun sets, and we have plenty of work to do.

We'll be holding a propagation workshop on Sep 26 - Jannorcal and another of our volunteers did a fabulous job last year, and are working to make it even better. Another volunteer, Bill Harp, will be leading a tour about the roses, focusing on history of roses and their classes, on Oct 10. I will do the last tour of the year on Nov 21, focusing as I alwasy do on "Fall Color in the Rose Garden" (the tour is different every year because what's in bloom or showing color varies).

I know that Diane (bebemarie) was hoping to come to the next tour - hope that others of you can make it, too. I'll post reminders about the tours and workshops. We'll be doing pruning workshops, too - one in Dec and one in Jan, dates to be determined.

Anita

Here is a link that might be useful: Harvest Day

Comments (3)