SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

Reason for Adding Location next to Zone in your I.D.

arbo_retum
14 years ago

I found this in Tim Wood's plant newsletter just now. I think it really explains why locations need to accompany Zone listing.

"Zones by definition are based on the average low winter temperature for an area, and do not take into account summer heat. A zone 9 in Oregon is not the same as a zone 9 in Florida.

A heat zone was developed to solve this problem but unfortunately not many plants have been rated, and the system is not widely adopted."

runktrun's directions to help you add your location and zone:

"At the very bottom of this page in the green bar select Member Services

This will open GardenWeb Members page, select If you are a member already, please log in! (note that you may need to do this even if you are already logged in)

This will open your Members page, select Edit Your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences (note you will be asked to log in againÂwhat can I say itÂs GardenWeb) you will now be able to edit your member profile.

Below gender you can add your Garden Zone and region (mine for example is z7aMA.) If you do not know what your zone is now would be a good time for you to find out and GW makes this easy by providing a link Find Your Zone enter your zip code and voila! GardenWeb will tell you what your zone is "

best,

mindy

Comments (2)