SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

My new garden

luxrosa
13 years ago

I finally bought a house!!! or as I say, I bought a garden space that came with a house.

I bought these roses and plan to landscape with

"Belle Sultane" surrounded by native European flowering plants that were grown in gardens during the 1700's, native European geraniums, honeysuckle, carnations "little gem" etc. and hope to buy an Apothecary Rose a.s.a.p. to plant in that area. I've tried to grow R. arvensis from seed but no joy there yet.

in my front yard will be planted mostly Tea and Noisette roses from the 1800's with violets and geranium cultivars from that century as well and a antique apple tree. Behind this area will be roses that date from 1900-1930's.

I also have

"Nastarana"

"Catos Cluster" near the main street.

then at the front of the path leading to my front door are two

Westside Road Cream Tea" rosebushes with 2 "Mme. Cecille Brunner" beside them, a Tea-Poly.

"Marechel Niel" and

"Celine Forestier" two yellow Tea-Noisette climbers will be on an arbor on the path leading to my front door, surrounded by purple verbena and white alyssium.

Mme. Berkeley" my favorite pink blend Tea is on one side of the sidewalk with M.F. K on the other side.

on the west part of the property

"Rosette Delizy" which a friend gave me because he didn't like it as a small plant.

Clementina Carbonieri" which will be in front of a Citrus tree

and bordering the street side of the property a row of Tea roses including

Souvenir de PIerre Notting

Duchess de Brabant

and White Maman Cochet"

I also have a "Mel Hulse" which I bought at a rose auction to benefit the Heritage Rose Foundation. I rarely grow modern roses but I had to have this rose to remember that great rosarian by and because of the fact that its' bloom shape reminds me of the Apothecary Rose,

That is it for now, when a.r.e. starts shipping again I hope to buy a "Lamarque" my favorite winter blooming rose because it holds its beautiful foliage longest in our Mediterranean climate..I'll probably buy a Pernetiana or two for flame hues, I do love "President Herbert Hoover" for its many hues of gold, orange and some red, and its deep penetrating fragrance, and Vintagegardens.com has the climbing form for sale... and a climbing "Cramoisi Super. " to grow on the side of the house, and a Gloire des Rosomane" for red... maybe an H.P. or two "Alfred Colomb" perhaps...

wish me luck! I've been planning this garden for nearly 10 years, while I was renting.

I'm so happy, words can't describe...

Luxrosa

P.S. Lyda rose and Bubble Bath will be in the back yard as soon as I can plant them.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida