SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Weather confusing the plants

pippi21
13 years ago

It's been delightful weather the past few weeks..no more 90-103 degree temperatures. Seems the geranium in my big pot is blooming its head off since it has cooled down. While pulling weeds this morning, I saw where one of the clustered bellflower plants had started reblooming, samw with pink creeping phlox. The clematis vines look horrible. The man and his niece that does all my prunning and mulching now is scheduled for first week in October. Maybe if he has an available morning or afternoon before then, I'll have him to come before Oct. 1st. I put down my brick, round stepping stones today. I saw where the bee balm has some new seedlings, as well as the Malva Zebrina. Have a white scabiosa that is blooming its head off. I dug up the Purslane from the flowerbed, because it has spread so much since I planted it. Somebody mentioned they plant theirs in one of their patio containers so that is what I did. The plant tag says it is an annual but it looks like it is in the succulent/sedum family. Has anybody every grown this plant? I'm thinking if it is in succulent/sedum family, it will come back next year even though it is labeled an annual.

Comments (2)