SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malorn

New year..same problem

malorn
16 years ago

OK..same time last year I was posting about this problem..it has gotten worse..

2 Olga Mezitt, now 3-4 years old..1 in great condition, lots of flowers..the other, planted 2 feet away with horrible leaf spots (some of the spots are white in center now), spots are dark brown or brown to orange. Some leaves curl under (like they need water)..New to this year is..no flowers and seems to have peeling bark..(not deep..just a thin layer)

Our local extension office weekly newsletter announces that the azalea saw fly caterpillar is acive (but I see no evidence of eaten leaves)and that leaf spot and blight shouldn't be bad because of our great April weather...

So, after comparing many pictures of problems provided here it may be some leaf spot because of winter weather..(which actually was pretty good!) but why only affect 1 out of the 2 plants..and none of the other azaleas in the yard...I made sure to use good sanitation with this plant..I use no fertilizers or chemicals..gets the same water as everyone else...

I have provided the link from last years post to see a picture and recommendatons..

Here is a link that might be useful: last years post

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County