SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livingdedgrrl

'Hardy' Mums

livingdedgrrl
16 years ago

I know that getting mums to come back every year is a hit or miss. Rarely do they ever come back, and according to the nurseries around me, there are many reasons why, which I understand.

However, I have 2 particularly persistant mums that have come back every year for 3 years now. One is a rust-red color, and the other is a lilac purple color. In the spring and early summer, when they start to pop up, I cut them down to make them bushier, which works very well...a little TOO well. Now I have individual, single, bushy mum plants all over one area in my flower garden. I'm not complaining at all - it's great!!

But my question is: I would like to dig some of the red ones up and move them to other areas of my garden. Since they came from a parent plant that seems to have cast-iron roots, does that mean that these little guys will be just as resilient?

I don't want to dig them up and move them if they'll die over the winter. I know for sure they'll come back next year right where they are (and then some). I'd just like to spread the wealth if I could.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz