SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oddy_gw

Rose Rosette Disease...Need Advice

oddy
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice...and wanted to ask people who I know love roses, but also have way more experience than I do, and are more level-headed than I am. A little background...

Some of you may remember me posting about my run in with the rose rosette disease in my community. I must say, my HOA was awesome...after the initial convincing, they pulled out all the infected roses out, and I felt I had bought my roses and myself some time.

Now...the disease rears it's head again...5 miles down the road at a shopping plaza. I went to the local (Big M) nursery down the road to see if they could pull some strings and take care of the issue, but they essentially told me they couldn't care less and directed me to the VA county cooperative extension. I actually went there and was told that the Master Gardener had informed the management company about the issue. I called the management company, and spoke to the woman who handles the shopping plaza and was told that they had sprayed the roses, and felt that some of them did get better, so they have no plans of doing anything else.

I asked for her contact information, and that of the company and wanted to start an e-mail and letter campaign, but then wondered if I was over reacting. Both the "Big Nursery" folks and the woman from the management company made me feel like a lunatic panicking over nothing.

So here I am....I know you folks have gazillions of experience...is this not worth the battle? Is it really not much of an issue? You see I have fallen in LOVE with roses...I'm sorry I am not here as often as I would like because of very small kids, but you folks inspire me...and I would love to be able to grow old with roses...so please give me advice...is this really a storm in a teacup? What would you do?

Thanks in advance...all of you are so awesome with advice always.

P.S. I am in Manassas, VA if that helps.

Comments (11)