SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprille_gw

Advice with rose rosette

aprille
9 years ago

Hi - I've not posted in ages (years) but I remember when I first started my amazing journey into roses this is where I came to for advice - I need your expertise again. We are moving to Texas - and I would like to take some of my favourite roses with me - can't imagine life without at least a rose or two (I've got about 150 right now - so sad to leave them).

The problem I am facing is I think there's a lot of rose rosette in the Dallas area where I'm moving - McKinney to be precise - I looked at about 30 houses and almost any that had rose bushes seemed to have the witches broom growth that is familiar with rose rosette - I can't be sure since we don't have it here - but my Mom who lives in McKinney has it - I diagnosed her roses years ago - the new house we just bought has two tiny rose bushes out front that look badly deceased. So does this mean I can't grow roses there? the rose rosette spread to all my Mom's roses even with her being careful to clean her pruners - she had to dig them all up - is there a way to control this or should I just forget about growing roses out there? Any advice is hugely appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance!!

aprille

Comments (13)