SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_se_fl

Moving to N. GA.

ken_se_fl
15 years ago

After 49 years of living in S.E. and central Florida, it's time for a change. My wife and I have been visiting the southern Blue Ridge Mountain area for several years and love it. This past weekend we finally took the big step and signed a contract on a small home just outside of Cleveland, Ga. It's a whole different style of life up there. We have been there several times and all of the local folks treat us like we have been there all our lives. Now it's time to grow roses in a different zone. I'll be taking a hand full of roses with me that are in LARGE (25 gal) pots. Any advice from anyone in that climate zone would sure come in handy. I've been told by the local folks that the winters are not really harsh, so established roses on fortuniana root stock should(?) be OK. We will be closing the first week of Sept. so our actual move won't happen until the middle of Sept.(we will be doing some painting before we move anything up there) I'll be giving the roses their last feeding the first part of August so they can start to shut down a little by the time they get moved. I'll be in and out of the forum during the next few months but as of Sept. I'll no longer be ken_se_fl. I'll be ken_ne_ga

Comments (15)