SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Thread leaf coreopsis

pippi21
13 years ago

Okay, the threadleaf coreopsis (assumming these are Moonbeam or Zagreb)have started to spread out and flop so I prunned them back almost to the ground. I hope I haven't ruined them. Will they come back and rebloom? There are some more plants that have finished blooming and the heat has got to them, that I plan to do the same. If they come back, they come back. We were gone a week recently and I noticed stuff had grown so much from the rain but my new Azalea we bought this spring was showing signs of dying from lack of water, so I soaked it good and will do so again tomorrow morning. The BES/rudbeckia "Goldstrum" have done exceedly well and they are starting to flop over, maybe from their height and beating rainfall. The liatris are finished blooming..do I cut them back to the ground? They will get dug up and moved in the Fall to front beds, where they will be seen more. I was thinking of going down to K-mart and buy some of those cheap metal fencing to hold up the BES/Rudbeckia. In the Fall, I will be cutting them back and digging some of them up and moving them too. Need to pinch the petunias back so they will bush out but they are wave petunias I think. Would pruning or pinching them back do them harm?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm